i know weddings are supposed to reflect a couple's personality (ies) and the individual people that constitute that union. I am a super crafty person. I went to NYU for photography but really I did mixed media installations. Which you think would translate into some DIY magic just like that. Well nothing has been just like that and the wedding is not just me, but us. I am not struggling to represent us but I am not sure if my families and people who don't know me will get my handiwork. Does it matter? Not really. Kind of. Maybe? I remember the look on my father's face when he saw one of my installations: total confusion. I just hope that everything is not lost upon them or that it doesn't look like I picked scraps off craft store floor because we are having a budget wedding. My greek family (and only so many could be invited) are used to the big halls, lots of food, very straightforward, traditional and expensive.
Here's the second part: why do I hit a groove on something that is totally unnessary? Menus are important, as are escort cards, signs, and a guest book. What are these little trees that I made and what am I going to do with them? I have to find a place for them that is worth the time I spend making them. I am thinking that they will go with the escort pinecones and represent each table. They will have a little piece of pulp paper with the table name ("muir woods", "giving tree"). But speaking of family, older folks are not going to be able to read these little trees. What the heck am I doing? You may remember my rocks from a previous post. Again, a project that doesn't really need to happen. A rock is not a guest book.
Here is one of my pashminas as all 30 that I bought for guests are at my mother's. They look just lovely with the bow:
But I had to go and do this:
Here are my little trees. Where are these going?
7 hours ago
1 comment:
I love the pashminas...and I think the added "Hug Me" makes them perfect
Post a Comment