David and I have had a hard time picking out the recessional song, and since last night, I realized that he was a little hurt that I had a rough copy of tree table names, I realized this task, and getting it crossed off our list, may be harder than I imagined. Totally tiny piece of the puzzle, and certainly doesn't need to happen today but in our house, the to do list rules the school. It's what we both respond to and it just works.
I was reading someone else's processional songs and it was totally adorable. She said I am entering to "One way or another" by Blondie, then "Ain't No Other Man" to a hip hop version of a "The Wedding Song" (I think she just meant the traditional). Can't you just picture her? I love it! So spunky! My processional is "Pictures of You" by The Cure, and the bridal party is walking to "At My Most Beautiful". I think it's a nicely paced song for the party plus the bells are so sweet. I'm not sure if we are going to do a different song for the ring bearer (4) and flowergirl (6) but considering that there are 14 people in our party, we may want to. If so, that kind of means we have to chose another song for the groom otherwise he would be walking in to Charlie Brown or some such thing.
So back to the recessional. You know when you have those moments when you realize that you know someone who's a total expert at the very thing you are trying to figure out? Uh, yeah, that would be the producer and DJ in the fam, my sister. And I thought, if we can't agree on a song, why not have her mix two songs together? I love the idea that it would be totally unique and have my sister's stamp on it. I love that it is our two worlds together. And I can not wait to hear what she thinks. Not divulging the songs. It's a surprise. Having friends and family contribute to your wedding in meaningful ways feels incredibly special. We are being married by a friend. I am walking down the aisle alone. It only makes sense that my sister lead us out. Let's see where this goes.
7 hours ago
No comments:
Post a Comment