Wednesday, September 3, 2008

stop the press!


I'm hearing that tents are too expensive, too much of bringing everything but I'm not getting married in a meeting room static hall colonial house inn place where everyone else gets married.

so I've been googling it - hey, I know Fairfield County. I just need to take "wedding" out of the search and then beg for the location. It's probably going to go down like that.

OR not. I grew up in Westport CT and it is one of my favorite quaint little big towns in the US. It just doesn't get any cuter hip and timeless than Main Street in Westport. I have lots of love for the library, the Westport Playhouse, my nursery school, the Saugatuk Bridge.

And then I found this and I am falling all over this web site. Haven't even looked at the prices yet. It's preppy punk - this style that's so popular now has been living in Westport forever. The Westport Pizzeria - lived there as a kid. All black swivel stools and big counter. SO good! And the coffee shop my cousin owns is the next town over - behind it, the salon my younger cousin owns with her husband and their partner. It's hands down the most gorgeous salon I've ever seen (Steve did ALL the decor) - better than any NYC or LA salon. True!

I may have to set aside my big dream of vintage furniture in the woods - mixed media artist, what can you do? The Westport Inn?

No comments: