Monday, September 8, 2008

location one - the wainwright house, rye ny


one ear hears: you need to pick a venue now blah blah blah blah the good places go fast blah bla
bl - i think: it would be nice to actually *see* the location but I would love to settle on a venue.

the other: it's your day, who cares where you get married (um, me---and david), you have plenty of time (one of the places I love is already booked for fall 2009)

Here's my fav "wedding" place so far (meaning lots of people get married here which makes it easier to plan but I was dreaming of a place where no one gets married - kind of impossible to serve alcohol and such at this imaginary place)
The Wainwright House - Rye NY
Reasons why I love it:

-it looks just like someone's Greenwich house - I wish I knew someone who had this house. Angiema and I have said how perfect our old house would have been - after you do some serious deep sage burning
-it's SO easy to get to via car, airport, and the fabulous Metro North
-they use it for yoga, healing, meditation--- and weddings. It's a traquil palace.
-while it's traditional, it's like home to me and it has a pretty clean canvas for me to work with
-the lake? the lake alone is perfection

No comments: