Tuesday, September 8, 2009

winding down

I'm getting to the cut off point of spending for our wedding. It's hard to stop and usually I show a little restraint as in, "I love this" "I don't need it" Return to item "I still love it" "What does it go with?" and finally "I will walk away and if you are here when I return, or I return because you are here, it is meant to be"

In the weddingworld, if you don't buy early and search hard you are going to pay a lot for that muffler (Mineke? Anyone?) So I search and sketch and think but by now, it's just let's go. I know what my colors are and even if I love it, if it's not looking right for the day, then it's a no. Sorry LAMB stilettos. Mayno clutch. Betsey dress. Beatrice Potter locket.

I've been struggling (I realize how absurd that word will be in this sentence) to find the right necklace and it was only when I tried on my dress while it was being altered that I realized that I can't wear something huge. I could but I am not. My belt is quite a statement. So I searched for things I love the most that match: vintage rhinestone and cream or champagne pearl. moonstones.

And bought this


I hope its that pinkish and bubbly.

No comments: