Tuesday, September 29, 2009

the before I pre-go

the pre-pre wedding show is about to end folks. the one where I've been here and real craziness has been attached to a phone, email..distant. Tomorrow we leave to stay with my mother and David's parents follow shortly. We feel like we have most things together and little projects to work on that couldn't be done here. I know it will be overwhelming. I know that personalities will clash. I know there will be monumentally happy moments of joy and moments of pure frustration.

What I've been reminding David, as he, and I would beg to say most men are not prepared for such a thing and would have no concept of the norm. The norm being very stressful and lots of doing and appeasing for other people. How to manage that or politely say "no". As a girl, a woman, and a bride to be deeply invested in a personal wedding that we are paying for and my twenties behind me, I know that our brand of crazy is not so bad relatively speaking. A family member upset me so much last night I was paralyzed for a short time. Then I moved on. Back to my big old list and a million programs to assemble, a ginormous list of errands to run after the coffee is running inside me, and hopefully some quiet time to look at the ceremony and pull one more reading. But for now it's packing up and getting ready for a trip. A very big trip to a place I know well but never in this way before. I like that we are getting married where John Hancock got married. And on Columbus Day. We are chartering new territory and claiming it ours.

No comments: