Saturday, September 12, 2009

short list gets long

it's day 28ish and I have been jolted out of bed by a pillow that never sat down (poor neck) and fresh to do list that is far longer than its sister dated August 22nd. August was much kinder. There was heat and a flow to things. September commenced the questions, the drama, the slight disappointments from the outside. Friends who couldn't make the wedding. Promises (non RSVP related) broken leading to more work, money and stress. Whoever thinks that being bride is a privileged place to be is delusional. I don't think money would matter. It would be different. There are always disappointments and alongside them, some tear-worthy acts of kindness. Like my friend driving 12 hours through Canada and back again to be at our wedding. My maid of honor picking up her bouquet for the first time and loving it. Sitting with me and a few hundred scraps of paper to make table signs and rehash the crazy. Laughing. Hysterically. Stress released. My London bridesmaid checking in on the check in and letting me ramble on and sing my song. My mother leaving two messages for me (home then cell) to explain the contents of another two packages that arrived at her home. Amazing purchases from etsy, ebay and save on crafts.

it's a bit of a challenge to show you everything that's happening or do a DIY tut and I can see why many brides go dark for the last 30 days. It's September 12th. We leave on the 30th. Yeah I know. I pick up my dress, get my hair done, teeth whitened, legs waxed, boxes shipped and me packed next week. That's the skimpiest version of our list.

last night (Thursday) before we took the class with pants, David worked the NIN show and I worked on the wedding until I fell asleep sitting up. The film Serendipity was on again. And again. A scene would revisit me today when we returned from boot camp (my mind needed it more than my body) and could not find my keys. One, two almost three hours of searching through every box every project every wedding central situated in corners of each room. It was a living nightmare. They could have been anywhere and the scariest thing is that I could not remember having them at all. Three hours later we decided to check the car and there they were. With the mail key that opened the box to another two RSVPs. All is good in the hood. We are just plum tired. Honeymoon is code for hibernation.

No comments: