Wednesday, February 4, 2009

shoe in

okay let me return to something a little more sane: shoe shopping! Nothing says 'i do' like a deeply discounted pair of mui mui shoes. kate spade. prada. christian. marc. i can't play favorites. I love you all. Truly.

I'm borrowing a cute idea I saw on The Bride's Cafe , a site I click on every day and man, they do not disappoint with great ideas and daily inspiration! The post was vote on your fav wedding shoes, the images were the "shoe shot" by some amazing wedding photographers. But the shoes. It was all about shoe love. I think they are up to 52 comments.

So I'm doing "I can't believe they're less than $100" wedding shoe round up. All shoes are available on Smart Bargains (Loehmann's online store) except for #9 (Shoesale) and #10 (Newport News). For some there are only one or two pair left so ladies go get 'em! Oh, and tell me your favorite.
#1 Vince Camuto Victor Open Toe Pump - $45 (size 7.5 left!): Wouldn't these be so great for a vintage or old Hollywood inspired wedding? Also a fabulous choice for a bride who needs or wants to wear a smaller heel.



#2 Poetic Licence Tilly Pump - $30 (only size 8.5 left): If they were even close to my size, they wouldn't be on this list because greedy me would have snatched them. $30 for that vintage cuteness? Can't you see these with a tea-length white white dress? Or those ribbons peaking out from the lace hem of your dress? Ahhh...



#3 Martinez Valero Cocoa Evening Sandal - $70 (12 pair left, also in black): these shoes are typically a little too bling for me but paired with the bow and the sexy ankle strap, I'm really loving them. Amazing with an ivory dress.



#4 Franco Sarto Amenity Suede Peep Toe Pump $40 (also in beige and black): these shoes are so me. And by so me I mean I own more than a few pair that look kind of like them. But guess what? It's not them! They are so sophisicated and fun at the same time. I own FS shoes - they are comfy (but run small though).



#5 Charles by Charles David Spangle Slingback Pumps $50 (also in red and black): if your dress doesn't have a ton of beading, these lovelies would be smashing. I have a feeling that once you slip these ladies on, they'd look even better than the photo - just something I noticed about neutral colored shoes. The black ones are so fun, sexy and va va vooooom!


# 6 Jessica Simpson Josette Floral Open Toe Pumps $40 - Here my vision: a romantic vintage love letter old typewritter kinda wedding. A sheeth or flowing gown with a turquoise or celery velvet ribbon tied around the waist. And these.



#7 Via Spiga Joy 2 (in white) $80: Ever since I've been engaged, I've been thinking of ways to encorporate my Grandma B into the ceremony. I'm a total vintage girl but part of the reason I wanted vintage accents was to remember my Grandma B. These Via Spiga's are joy indeed! They may look a little casual but with a shorter dress they would be divine! I'd see about removing the tassles and adding brooches. I heart them (and miss you grandma)
#8 Kate Spade Hera Fushia Satin Pumps $112: Okay I goofed on this one as they are not under $100. But they are Kate Spade! And tell me these are not the epitome of the fun and sassy colorful wedding shoe trend? You know they are!



#9 Guess Footwear Nisadora Red Multi $105 at Shoesale : oops, I did it again. But $5? C'mon! These are seriously sophisticated and wayyy sexy (look at the heel!) I have a huge crush on slingbacks.


#10 Patent Leather Pump with Floral Detail at Newport News $35: I'll admit, these could be either super cheezy or absolutely fabulous. Isn't it worth the $8 shipping gamble to find out?

There are lots more but I think I need a break from weddingland. I also realized that my opinions may have swayed the voting so please disregard my commentary and vote on your favorite!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love those Charles by Charles David. $50 is a steal!

I bought these Kate Spades: http://couture.zappos.com/n/p/dp/34333681/c/11456.html

I couldn't help it, they're too perfect. At least they were on sale, right?