As my right hand begs to have a lunch break, and I'm still wondering if I should add a few creative details to the envelopes, getting the save the dates in the mail means that more than a few things may, or should have been done already. maybe. i'm not finding the instruction manual on this one. Is there a book that goes by month as opposed to these online checklists on every wedding web site?
Working for an internet company, I know that majority of people that will visit the web site will do so only upon opening the envelope. After that, the card will sit on a desk, in an envelope holder, may be an adornment on a refridgerator but if there's no reason to return to the site, the hits will happen early and then dwindle. So the copy needs to be done on the web site. What if all the times have not been solified? The hotels are not blocked yet. I realize it's okay to say "we'll be updating the site by such and such a date" but it will be much harder to notify guests (that's kind of what the save the date is for, right? Here are the things I think we may be a little behind with or should be done when people receive the date:
-accomodations
-all wedding web site copy
-reception time - general event flow
-registry
Then I look at it this way: there was a time when there were no wedding web sites. There was a time when we were unplugged and sometimes that sounds blissful. We go on vacation and find ways not just unwind, but unplug. PDA off, no email, no internet. We don't need to or should rush through our registry because it should be on a web site.
Here are my solutions:
-the web site is on the STD so the writing needs to be done. Can't have a wedding party person's "bio" missing. That would be very bad.
-I have an outline of the day's events. Hopefully no one is flying in that morning. If if they are, we would be starting later not earlier.
-Registry can and will wait. I'm so not there yet and no one is taking the fun out of that.
-Working on the hotel situation. I know where we are planning to book - just haven't blocked out the dates. Will write the info, hotel suggestions and that hotel reservation info will be available on the web site by 2/30. Sounds good (I think)
Am I ahead or behind? We're just asking people to save the date. I just remembered that. Phew.
7 hours ago
No comments:
Post a Comment