my high school friend joe (and one of our fab groomsmen) and I have a saying about our many ecuadorian friends: "there's time, and then there's ecuadorian time". "We're almost out the door" means they've got about an hour before they actually step out the door. "Be there in 10 minutes" means be there within the hour. We know not to be on time as that will be really early.
So in saying I have my save the date envelopes "out the door", I'm really on ecuadorian time. I still have 10 more to address and about 20 more to write out our mailing address. I did them by hand. Of course I did. Stickers what?
I have a so not important reservation about an added embellishment to the envelopes. Who cares about an envelope? (raised hand) Mail is not as fun as it used to be: your daily variety includes bills, junk mail, Pennysavers and bills. So when I see a brightly colored envelope in the mix, it's WAY more exciting than my monthly magazine fix(es).
The envelopes look like this:

But should I do this? It won't take long so which do you like better?

If I do, some may not get the extra something because their addresses are too darn long but I don't think anyone will be comparing their envelopes. They'd have to be nuttier than me. I'll stop there.
2 comments:
I think I would move the stamp to the corners, and leave the one in the upper right blank so you could put the stamp there. Just a thought?
PS - Woo! I'm the first follower! :)
You are so right. I thought that as soon as I put the stamp up there. Without the stamp, totally cute. With it, kind of "off". I cannot believe that I care. But I do.
Yay! I just addded the follower feature. It's so cute - like a pretty mosaic of my wedding support and inspiration group :-)
Post a Comment