Thursday, January 8, 2009

Step One of Project Save The Date


I didn't know if I could get my head in the clouds other half to brainstorm about save the dates. but, like anything, it's all in the delivery (no pun intended). The "look at these cute ones that other people made" did not work so I tried a different approach and we worked out a wedding concept the same way he works out a character. It was too fun and the cards will be forever special to us.

I can't tell you everything that is to come (that's why the post is step one silly!) but I did clock in a full day making these ladies. They will be featured in the photograph that will be the main piece of the save-the-date. Also, I have to give some love to Freddie our groomsman and co-owner of Color Me Mine in Beverly Hills who gave me an early wedding gift. Note: the cups in the photograph had not been fired in the kiln yet so they don't really look like this. The colors are a vibrant teal and mossy green. The writing is stenciled in; font is beyondwonderland at dafont

Yesterday I received a text from Freddie saying that they turned out "awesome". We're picking them up tomorrow and then having our Save The Date photo shoot on Saturday.

Does anyone have any ideas for a complimentary font? I'm looking for something like the "Save The Date" font on this hankerchief?


Lastly, I got almost everyone's mailing addresses and typed them into a spreadsheet. Whew! Getting snail mail addresses from people is like asking for thermal paper.

No comments: