Thursday, January 15, 2009

Making the final decision

I thought that it would be a great idea to ask people which STD design they liked best. Oops! Think again. Don't get me wrong, I got great feedback but the votes were split and now I want to scrap it and start again (stop me please!)

Some liked the simple centered version as it was more pleasing to the eye, others liked the polaroid to the left without the calendar, some liked the calendar but wanted me to add all the numbers of the month as the unfinished month irked them. Totally get it. I thought it was like the date and then a blank slate - new beginning. Maybe I'm trying to embed too many metaphors into the design. It's a save the date card for cripes sake.

I'm totally happy that people like the front of the card and I am making progress with caterers, bridesmaid dresses and hotels- all new projects as I hadn't focused on them before. My friendor Anne at Glamour Closet LA said to think about my dress and how it will look with my bridesmaid dresses, if I had gotten that far. Umm, no. I have ideas. I have lots of colors. I don't like different dresses but I like the ideas of different shades of greens and aquamarine. Of course that doesn't make sense as I would clearly need different dresses. Doh. I found a stunner that I will post now but they only have a size 2 and all of my ladies are 4s. All of them. They are all incredibly gracious and so helpful - one told me to get any big size and she'll bring it to a seamstress. How's that for a bridesmaid?

No comments: