I swear that this is true. A few days ago I was decking the halls and eating giant puff marshmallows in my hot chocolate. Yesterday it was Christmas and last night I took down the tree. At least that's how it feels when in fact it is almost the end of January, I have yet another head cold, it's 80 degrees outside, and my SF engagement shoot is next weekend. Not a few weekends but the one after this one that's almost over. In all fairness, David and I both had a virus that was going around at the beginning of January so we're a little off.
Yesterday I went to Loehmann's to see if I could pull together two outfits: one casual, one dressy. There is no Loehmann's like the one in BH. They had three racks of Vera Wang lavendar label. Bananas. Oh, the shoot: the next time I'll have someone following me with a camera will be next October so why not at least one dress change. But let me repeat, we're having the engagement shoot in San Francisco. That means coats, rain gear and a potentially dreadful hair day. We need to drive up to SF and stay with David's parents so that means outfits need to be pulled together by Wednesday. Online is out of the question so I am dragging myself to a few stores to get the deed done. I'm putting "you never find what you're looking for when you actually need it" out of my head. Way out because there's no time (and no room as it's filled with head cold ickiness)
I've looked at a million photographers and not once did I think to save some e shoot photos for outfit inspiration. That's a good thing to do so please do that. You'll be totally excited when you go to pull the outfit together that you have a little goody folder filled with your favorites.
As a photographer, I know that white is a ginormo pain to color balance. If it were a beach eshoot, I could go with whites or shades of ivory and it would be lovely. But we're not. We'll be in that in between weather so I will pack three and hope for the best.
The casual shots:
-You can't go wrong with your favorite pair of jeans. Unfortunately, I just got a hole in mine that turned into a big rip but I have a second favorite so there you have it.
-Bright top. If your backdrop is a little grey or industrial, primary colors will pop. Kelly green, imperial blue, canary yellow - jewel tones - are all good options.
-I know it's going to be chilly so a cardigan sweater is a must.
- Trench coat. It's SF. Even if it doesn't rain we might as well embrace the environment.
Shoes:
-I haven't actually found any of these things but I want glittery flats and bright heels. Comfy flats that are a little Wizard of Oz is super playful and will jump off the pavement. Adorable heels are a must. Got those too but you know, it doesn't hurt to look.
The dressy shots:
-We have a few indoor locations and I'll suck it up outdoors for some dressier photos. I think greys and blacks can be gorgeous in the right light but it's risky. I love this yellow dress and chunky jewelry. So fun.

The one benefit to waiting: Valentine's day! As I was looking online, I saw tons of fun Valentine's Day cuteness at Old Navy and Target. Why not?
Going shopping - wish me luck!
Yesterday I went to Loehmann's to see if I could pull together two outfits: one casual, one dressy. There is no Loehmann's like the one in BH. They had three racks of Vera Wang lavendar label. Bananas. Oh, the shoot: the next time I'll have someone following me with a camera will be next October so why not at least one dress change. But let me repeat, we're having the engagement shoot in San Francisco. That means coats, rain gear and a potentially dreadful hair day. We need to drive up to SF and stay with David's parents so that means outfits need to be pulled together by Wednesday. Online is out of the question so I am dragging myself to a few stores to get the deed done. I'm putting "you never find what you're looking for when you actually need it" out of my head. Way out because there's no time (and no room as it's filled with head cold ickiness)
I've looked at a million photographers and not once did I think to save some e shoot photos for outfit inspiration. That's a good thing to do so please do that. You'll be totally excited when you go to pull the outfit together that you have a little goody folder filled with your favorites.
As a photographer, I know that white is a ginormo pain to color balance. If it were a beach eshoot, I could go with whites or shades of ivory and it would be lovely. But we're not. We'll be in that in between weather so I will pack three and hope for the best.
The casual shots:
-You can't go wrong with your favorite pair of jeans. Unfortunately, I just got a hole in mine that turned into a big rip but I have a second favorite so there you have it.
-Bright top. If your backdrop is a little grey or industrial, primary colors will pop. Kelly green, imperial blue, canary yellow - jewel tones - are all good options.
-I know it's going to be chilly so a cardigan sweater is a must.
- Trench coat. It's SF. Even if it doesn't rain we might as well embrace the environment.
Shoes:
-I haven't actually found any of these things but I want glittery flats and bright heels. Comfy flats that are a little Wizard of Oz is super playful and will jump off the pavement. Adorable heels are a must. Got those too but you know, it doesn't hurt to look.
The dressy shots:
-We have a few indoor locations and I'll suck it up outdoors for some dressier photos. I think greys and blacks can be gorgeous in the right light but it's risky. I love this yellow dress and chunky jewelry. So fun.

The one benefit to waiting: Valentine's day! As I was looking online, I saw tons of fun Valentine's Day cuteness at Old Navy and Target. Why not?
Going shopping - wish me luck!
2 comments:
I definitely wore my favorite jeans (who cares if they get a little grungy from rolling around on the ground?!). We both wore subtle colors, but I kind of wish I had done something bright and funky! I love the yellow dress.
Jenn: I just stalked your blog and I love what you are wearing! It looks so pretty against the fall foliage. I think the key to subtle colors is fabric and textures. Love!
Will blog today about my finds :-)
Post a Comment