Wednesday, July 22, 2009

tablescapes and timing


as a bride there is a teensy bit of pressure to get things done early. Not a few months in advance early but like making favors a year before your wedding. The day before is maddening. And to me, so is a year ago. Still I may be trying to justify the fact that I have a ton of work to do before this wedding thing kicks off.

so tablescapes (sounds like "ice capades!"). i refuse to rent linens. $7 per tablecloth? I have not gone and lost my mind. I bought vintage napkins - a lot of them - for $45 on ebay. I still need to round up my tableclothes (the ones I will not be buying) and outdo my original design because dang it I keep seeing similar tables on wedding blogs. Does it matter? hmm no, not really. ok, maybe a little.

This is from The Brides's Guide and while MS astounds me with her (and her people's) cleverness, I'm not a fan. I am a huge fan of lollipops and thought that these were just so charming. Wouldn't it be so fun to pair these with a fun printed anthro tablecloth and accent it with creams and silvers? fun.

1 comment:

Summer said...

It's genius! You're making me wish I could redo my wedding!

On somebody elses dime of course.