Sunday, March 29, 2009

me, the photographer

photo by me :)

as some of you know, I am a photographer. at age 7, i was obsessed with Barbie photo shoots and my Fashion Plates. Remember when your parents had to send film away to be developed and the prints came back in the mail? Kind of like online services like Shutterfly except with a four week turnaround time. Imagine my parents surprise when they tore in the photos expecting grandma b's birthday only to find 24 images of Barbie lounging by her pool.

i went to an arts summer camp and learned photography the old school way - on a Pentax K1000. My first image was of a lone apron hanging on a fence behind the kitchen. Believe it or not, it kind of looks like the "wedding dress" must have photo. Which takes me to now. I never stopped shooting and I've relaunched my photography business focusing on weddings, engagement shoots, parties and small fries. Did I mention that I love every second of it?

I just got back from Santa Monica where I did an engagement shoot for the cutest couple. Here's one of my favorite images of the day.

My new site will launch soon but I am available now! Email me at marnie@marniegoodfriend.com

1 comment:

marlin munoz said...

Marnie, I am so happy you are doing what you love!! Incredible image, let's see more!!
-m