Tuesday, March 24, 2009

busy bees

once I hit the wall, I bounced off and have been running along ever since. we have interviewed DJs, caterers, booked bridesmaids hair and make up, chosen our cake, tested a rehearsal dinner venue, checked in our venue - that's just the 'we' list. I have posts for all as with every meeting lessons were learned, pros and cons were weighed, great finds occurred, and some bad apples were tasted. what we always take home is the final question "would we want to invite this person as a friend to our wedding?" sure there are many questions in between but that will make it or break it for us.

if you loved a vendor's work but weren't crazy about their personality, would you book them? How much does feeling at ease factor into your decision making? I've crossed a ton of vendors off my list on personality alone. Did I like their work? Absolutely. Were they qualified? You bet. Professional? Most were. The person I wanted to see the day David and I do the I do's? Nope. Running the events department for a speed dating company and hiring hosts for five years has certainly prepared me for the tasks at hand. I've never been amazed at the things people will say when they are being interviewed. Last week I interviewed a host candidate and when, as a formality, asked if it was a good time (for our scheduled interview mind you) they said "I guess so". Umm, okay.

I have *so* many good updates so let's start at my cousin's salon.

No comments: