
no, it's not some hippy dippy theme for a wedding, but the code name for David's sneak attack proposal on my birthday.
THE STORY::
We took a early afternoon hike up the canyon. A hike at 2pm? Beyond hot and kind of weird for a man who wears 70 spf sunblock in the winter. far above the city, and perhaps a place where some people may drive to propose, the canyon is our backyard. good thing i said yes because it's a long way back down to beachwood drive.
Once we realized that the reservoir was still pretty far away, we stopped at a park with just one person on the other end with their dog. it looked like someones backyard - if they had the Hollywood sign hanging above it. Made sense to sit at a park table and rest underneath a big shady tree. David opened his backpack pulled out a huge cooler with a bottle of wine named Project Happiness that he'd been carrying all afternoon. It's my birthday - no alarms went off. Then the gift: a canvas KOLO photo book with a small window on its cover where David wrote in "Marnie and Me". In the right corner was a gold claudaugh. I opened the book and in silver sharpie david cursive he had written "In the beginning..." With each page the story continued with photos of trips and favorite places to the last pages "that always bring me back - to the park bench next to you". The last page was the proposal. Since David thought better of choosing a ring, he decided we'd pick it out together. I think he thought that if there's no ring present, you don't get down on your knee? Or as I mistakenly said "I think you need to get down on your hands and knees"oops. the knee went down and the rest is just the beginning of P.H.
To keep things organized, and eventually have a central place for my bridesmaids to "meet", yet another blog, another project yet nothing has ever compared to this. I'm engaged. I'm beyond happy. Mission accomplished.
No comments:
Post a Comment